Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act email will not set up

Act email will not set up

Recently I had to reinstall Act 2007.  Since the reinstallation, I have been unable to set up email in Act.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Act again with updates.  Going into the database attachments, I can click on an email and brings up the email screen and I can see all of my current email in Outlook.  But when I go boot Act and click on the email tab again I get the same error message:

Act.UI.Email. Email Connector Initialize Execption: Error - The E-mail program is not available. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COM Exception (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {8DE5D377-74EF-47CE-8E49-B23CBA86BC5E} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

at Act.UI.Email.EmailConnector.GetConnection(Boolean fRetry)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Act.UI.Email.EmailConnector.GetConnection(Boolean fRetry)

at Act.UI.Email.EmailConnector.get_CarrierCount()

at Act.UI.Email.UIEmailManager.OpenEmail()

---------------------------

OK  

I have attempted several times to set up email in the preferences tab, but I always get the same result.

I have tried to import my ACT address book from Outlook, by setting up a new address book and using Act contacts to generate an address book in Outlook. However, Not all of the contacts appear. Deleting and recreating an act address book just brings up the same incomplete list.

Thanks for any suggestions on what to do next.

Re: Act email will not set up

Re: Act email will not set up

Hello David

Have had some problems & re imaged my machine.

reinstalled Office & act

When I try to open Act I get "Error: Email program not available"

Vista 32 bit, Office 2007,  Act 11

tried to run cmd commands but don't work - on internet options I different screen then one on KB, but I believe outlook is default

Thanks for Help

Tom