Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! e-mail settings -- want to delete only retrieved messages from server

Loyal Listener

Act! e-mail settings -- want to delete only retrieved messages from server

I have several e-mail accounts.  In Goldmine, I was able to to set those accounts to leave the messages on the server, unless I retrieved or deleted them.  Is there a way in Act! e-mail to at least keep everything on the server unless I delete it in Act?

I tend to scan my emails several times a day.  There's plenty of stuff I don't need, so I like to delete it as I go.  But over the weekend I would like to view my emails at home, as they come in.  So far I have it set to remove emails after 3 days.  But if I go on vacation, and forget to change that setting, obviously I'll be sorry.

Any suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! e-mail settings -- want to delete only retrieved messages from server

If you go to the Email Setup in your Preferences, then Edit your Internet email account, you will see an option to "Leave retreived messages on the server" under the Advanced tab. You will need to do this for each email account you have setup in ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you go to the Email Setup in your Preferences, then Edit your Internet email account, you will see an option to "Leave retrieved messages on the server" under the Advanced tab. You will need to do this for each email account you have setup in ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Loyal Listener

I tried this, but it doesn't do what I want.

I viewed my mail, deleted unwanted mail, retrieved a couple of emails and attached them to sender/contacts.

But the deleted emails are still on the server.

Is there no way to keep e-mail on the server unless it is deleted?