Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act doesn't display its icon on Taskbar/start menu

Copper Super Contributor

Act doesn't display its icon on Taskbar/start menu

Hi,

I added a second user onto my PC, a "work" account, that I distinguish from a "personal" user account on the same machine.

Previously Act was installed on just the single user account.  I realized after installing Outlook on the Work account that not all Act components made it to the new Work account so I reinstalled Act while in the Work account.

All works OK except that the Act 2010 icon isn't displayed on the Win 7 taskbar and start menu.  Instead a default Windows icon (looks like a piece of paper with some text on it) is displayed. 

How do I get the correct Act icon to display here?

Mike 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act doesn't display its icon on Taskbar/start menu

Hello Mike,

Is this the case with both user accounts, or just one of them?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

It is just on the new user.

The icon is fine on the original user.

Mike

Platinum Elite Contributor

I believe that information would be stored in the user files of the original user, under which ACT! was installed. You should be able to browse to C:\Users\(original user)\Desktop and copy the ACT! icon, then paste it into the Dekstop folder for the other account. You can think right-click on that icon from the work account's desktop and select "Pin to Start Menu". I'm honestly not sure if there is an option like this or a user folder for the Windows 7 taskbar.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.