Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act does not load automatically when window7 launches

Copper Contributor

Act does not load automatically when window7 launches

I am having a problem when I launch windows act fails to start and when I load outlook I get a message that yeh database is locked.

I go to Microsoft Sql Server 20088 R 2 >

ConfigurationTools>

Sql server configuration manager >

Sql server services>

and I find Sql Server [ACT 7] State is stopped and the Start mode is set to automatic but it does not load automatically

What is going on?

I am using Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 1 > Act informs me that I have the latest update

Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act does not load automatically when window7 launches

This may be an issue of conflicting actions occurring during the startup.  To help alleviate this issue, set the service 'SQL Server (ACT7)' to Startup Type = Delayed Start.

Windows Start > Search field > enter 'services.msc' > locate 'Sql Server (act7)' > right click on it and select Properties > change Startup Type > OK to save change.  Reboot to test.

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

I would caution against having the ACT! program load automatically at system boot. The risk of loading conflicts are too great. The ACT! preloads some program modules at boot time so that trying to load the full program at the same time is a potential conflict. ACT! typically opens the last database open when it starts but the database can't be opened if the SQL server hasn't fully loaded and opened the database, another possible conflict.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks

I agree I do not load act automatically. The issue is more than the service in sql has not started even though the service is set to load automatically.

It is a pain to go in and remember that I have to load the act7 service insql.

Platinum Super Contributor

Did you set the SQL Server (ACT7) service to Delayed Start?
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for the tip (delayed start). I will try it. The no-start problem occurs so infrequently, I don't know if I can test it. I will reply if it doesn't work. - Mike