Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act deleting old emails and not downloading all new messages

Act deleting old emails and not downloading all new messages

I'm running windows xp home edition SP3 and Act 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162.

I searched here and can't find anything that relates directly to my problem.  I use ACT email(without outlook) and I've noticed that I am missing old emails.  It seems to be deleting emails older than about 1.5 years.  I know this because I also download my messages to another mail program to keep as an archive(in case something like this happens).  I also know because the history in ACT shows messages that I sent or received for certain contacts that are no longer present in ACT Email. 

A separate problem I have is that ACT Email is not downloading all of my messages.  I get maybe half of the messages that are new on the server.  I know this because a few times a day I download all messages to another email program(as mentioned above) and there are all of these messages that never showed up in ACT Email. 

In todays world, emails are as important as any other form of communication.  Using a program that is unreliable in this aspect could mean lost business. 

Re: Act deleting old emails and not downloading all new messages

Anyone have any advice on this? 

Very helpful forum here...

Sorry I can not help you with your problem....... I'm a new user to ACT. I just spent almost 4 hours getting it installed and convincing it to let me (loser user...non-administrator) start to create a new database........I just searched for a user forum knowing....I was going to need help and your "helpful forum" message just cracked me up!!!!

Good luck!!!

:-) Traci

There isn't  setting that will automatically delete/archive old emails.  I'm guessing that the emails were lost since a certain date.  If this is the case, call support, they will have a tool to retrieve the missing emails if you want them back.

Is leave messages on server enabled on the other email program?  When using internet email in ACT!, it has its own email database - ActEmailMessageStore.  This database also has a size limit - 4GB.  If its reached or almost reached 4GB, it will not download large emails.  You can verify the size by going to Start > Run > actdiag.  Select Database > Database List.  There you will see ActEmailMessageStore and a column for DB size.

Thank you for the reply. 

Yes, the "leave messages on server" is enabled on the other program.  The ActEmailMessageStore DB size is 875.  Is that 875 MB? 

I will call support regarding the missing old emails. 

I've got a fresh new problem.  Do I need to start a new thread for it?  Today ActEmail began freezing up when I click "send/receive".  I have always had it set to download new messages every 1 minute.  Now it has stopped downloading messages on its own and freezes when I try to do it manually.