Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act causing Random Crashes?

Act causing Random Crashes?

Hi - just bought Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

Have installed on 3 PCs (all win7) - was all ok until we added more ram to one of the PCs - now the PC just randomly crashes, if we go back to the original amount of ram and chip then all is ok, have tried replacing the "new ram" with differnet ram, still happens Smiley Sad

Is there a limit to the amount of ram Act "likes"?  We only use outlook 2007, photoshop and act, (all at the same time)  Theres no great load put on the PC...

In the event log we can see lots of MSSQL$ACT7 errors..the blue screen that appears after the crash mentions "irql_not_less_or_equal" errors.. 

Hopefully someone can suggest a fix as its getting very frustrating...

The PC had 3 gigs of ram before upgrading, idealy i want it to have 8 gigs... its a 64 bit board.

Thanks

Dave 

Silver Contributor

Re: Act causing Random Crashes?

More that likely this problem is caused by bad rem, the wrong rem, or mis matched Ram..  I've not seen the ACT program cause blue screens.  To isolate the problem put your original ram back in.  Do you get blue screens then?

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Hi Jon, really appreciate the feedback.  When the old ram is back in it does'nt crash or cause blue screens - only happens when we add additional ram and when act is running. 

Davve

Platinum Elite Contributor

That has to be a system problem. One of mysystems (Windows 7 64-bit) has 8-gig RAM and the other 12-gig RAM. My guess is that ACT! is the ony program that forces the use of the additional RAM and you have a bad RAM module or mismatched RAM module.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy - ill try different ram.

Dave