Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! automatically adds my own profile to scheduled activities without permission

Act! automatically adds my own profile to scheduled activities without permission

For some reason when I schedule an activity in the future with a contact, Act! soemtimes decides to add my contact to the activity as an additional participant.  Not only do I not need it to do this (my database is not shared, so ALL activities pertain to me), but in many cases, it will then display my name under "sheduled with"  in the task and dashboard views rather than the contact, with the result that I don't know who the activity actually applies to until I open it up.  Is there any way to prevent it from doing this unless I explicitly add myself to the activity?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act! automatically adds my own profile to scheduled activities without permission

Are you copying/synchronizing (depending on version of ACT!) your ACT! calendar with Outlook?  If you do, this can add your contact record to activities.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Act! automatically adds my own profile to scheduled activities without permission

Aha!  That must be the culrit.  So is there any way to stop outlook from doing that?

Platinum Super Contributor

Unfortunately there isn't a way to change that behavior.
Greg Martin
Sage