Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act and email (Eudora vs Outlook)

Act and email (Eudora vs Outlook)

I currently use Act 2009 as a scheduling, organization tool and information manager.  I am running XP pro.  It would be really great to send emails to individuals and groups from within Act.  I currently use Eudora 7.1 for email.  I have used eudora for a really long time.  I do not use outlook in any fashion.  I do not like outlook.  I do not want to use it to receive email if at all possible.  I do receive meeting requests and send acknowledgments using outlook from others in our company.  I am the only Act user in our company. 

Is there a way to only send email from Act using outlook?  I have set up outlook to send only and not receive.  When I get a meeting request using Eudora I click on the link and outlook opens and I can accept or reject the request.  The response is sent back using outlook.  I then manually enter it into Act. 

I am working to set up Companionlink to sync calendar and contact information between Act and Outlook for eventual linking to an iPod Touch.  But that is a different project.  One hurdle at a time.

I have tried to install an earlier version of Eudora and use only to send from Act.  No success.  I do not want to roll back my main email program to an earlier Eudora version. 

Separetly, are there any plans to integrate later versions of Eudora with Act?

Thanks for any help.

Rusty

Re: Act and email (Eudora vs Outlook)

I'm trying to use Eudora 7.1with Act 2009 11.1 . Sending msgs from Act is seems to be ok, but Eudora does not pass thru received msgs. Any ideas how I can make this work? Thx

Re: Act and email (Eudora vs Outlook)

Ok, You got me on that one. 

How do you make it work? 

I keep getting an error message indicating that the default email account is not ready.

Suggestions are appreciated.

rusty