Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act and Reports

Copper Super Contributor

Act and Reports

Does anyone know of any website or user group where people share reports they have created.

Obviously allowing for custom fields, but there must be a lot of work that goes on creating reports which could be shared across users?

We would be happy to share our reports

Thanks

Andy

Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act and Reports

I don't know about sharing reports as, but if you're looking for something specific you can't do better than asking Roy at:

http://www.techbenders.citymax.com/reportandlabels.html

Copper Super Contributor

Looks ok but still can't believe there aren't lots of Act users all trying to do similar things - eg add individual products to the opportunity report or enhancing the look and feel of templates etc

Thanks

Andy

Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk

There usually are things like that at some of the User Groups.

I haven't seen anything like that on-line... might be a good idea for people to do here.

As a general rule, the ACT! reports aren't very portable. The reports that are included in my custom report package specifically use only the fields that are found in the basic ACT! database. I do quite a bit of custom report work but in most cases I have to have a copy of the database where the report will be used to create the report template. Further, to get the most from the ACT! reports, varying amounts of program scripting is typically required. I recently finished a custom report that required almost 800 lines of program code to get the totals the customer wanted. The payoff was that a report that took the customer over a day to create using Excel now runs in less than 5-minutes.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Best comment I ever got from a client was - "It now takes the sales staff less time to do their weekly reports than they used to take just complaining about having to do the reports"