Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act & Blackberry

Re: Act & alternative crm/contact mgmt app.& Blackberry

Hi,PLEASE HELP

what would u recommend using for contact mgmt? I'm getting rid of my iphone & going 8320 bb. I used to use palm and act back in 99-00. I was thinking of act w/ bb, but haven't heard too much positive. mOSTLY JUST PROBLEMS w/ act with mobile usage

-I'm using win xp pro service pack version 3...newest...on my dell latitude D600. 1.3 ghz, 1.128gb ra, 20gb hd...plenty...

-BB 8320 Curve, extra memory

-Google Apps...(Probably will have to buy MS Off pro version "?" w/ outlook business contact mgr...looking to ensure compatibility w/ BB8320curve...

-ACT is the only CRM/contact data base advanced address book that I know of.

-***Any suggestions, that hopefully don't cost too much.

-I'm looking at a big job hunt & a big DB of contacts which I will need to keep up with.

-looking to save money,if possible, unemployed.... (Mktg,mgt,sales)

***I'll use contact DB/address personally and at work...(for job hunt, & in Mktg/sales)

Re: Act & Blackberry Please help...can u give some advice...

Hey Mike I hope u get this in a reasonable period of time,

I hope u can help I don't know anyone else who could help w/ this type Q.

I could really use some advice,suggestions, etc...I'm looking for work...unemployment rate being as it is 25+yr hi...I have a very big job hunting campaign ahead of me. I've used act 99-00 & liked it. used palm, but no more.

I'm giving up my Iphone 3g after only a couple weeks, too many problems, it's oriented towards kids i think. so many games/music. Not enough business apps...geared towards those latter points.

I'm getting the BlackBerry8320Curve w/extra mem. Have laptop os xp pro, service pack version 3...newer one. (dell latitude d600),2003, 1.3ghz, 1.128mb ram. 20 gb hd, plenty...

I need to be able to have large contact list w/ CRM or some contact mgmt solution to keep up w/ big list & maintence of contacts, poss. employers.On laptop and smartphone, 8320 BlackBer. curve.

Thought of Act w/ BB 8320, but heard a lot of bad things, probs... Any other reasonably priced alternatives?

want contacts on Blackberry too.

***Is using google or yahoo to back up ***contact list*** a good idea?Or would free online storage be better?(just accessable contact back up solution?)

Looking for work in Mktg,mgmt,sales... So i'd use it for work too. I'm looking to be able to fax out my resume/cover&letters via 8320, the 8320 can handle ms word & excel docs.   I'd be using an internet voicemail/fax service...W/ contact list on 8320 (Act or outlook or both), unless there is a better alternative, tracking contact w/ poss future employers,sending resumes, follow ups and keeping in touch...Is there another good alternative or is it ACT.

Also looking to start my own business aprox 18mo. if i'm lucky time wise. Same, CRM... a must...more than just an address book...

Thank you Mike the ACT Evangilist. Sincerely, David Stomp

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act & Blackberry Please help...can u give some advice...

To sync ACT! with Blackberry:

The most economical is CompanionLink

In my opinion, the best is Handheld Contact (it's what I use)

Re: Act & Blackberry

what version of blackberry desktop software do you need to use to sync with ACT while also using companion link? Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I don't think it matters. But make sure you keep good backups of your database as it can cause duplication of data in the ACT! database.

See: http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/05/getting-act-on-your-phone.html
Copper Contributor

I use Companion link pro (just swicthed for express) to sync to my Blackberry via google sync. Once it is setup I have had no problems with the sync. I like the ability to have my information on my Work computer, Blackberry, and laptop (via google).

A couple of things.

• Do not modify contact info in google. It is ok to add calender items.
  • Install google sync on your BB
  • You can double and triple your contacts during the intial sync.

If you have all your contacts in your Act database I have always done a purge and reload to google and then a sync to my BB. If I get duplicates I purge my contacts on my BB and do another sync. Once I get all the info straight on my BB and Google, I then setup a timed sync via companiolink. Once it is setup I have never had an issue adding or deleting from my BB or ACT. I would caution about modifying any data in Google and would recommend that if you use it you use it as a read only.