Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act & Blackberry

Act & Blackberry

Can someone help? I have to state that I am not the most computer knowledgeable person. My company is testing the Act database system, along with laptops and the blackberry. I am trying to load the contact / database I have created in Act into the blackberry. But I am having difficulty. The setup disk has the palm listed and I cannot find the software to load into the blackberry to support act? Can someone help me with this or explain what set or process I am missing to get this to work? Thanks
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act & Blackberry

ACT! does not sync with Blackberry out of box. You will need a third party add-on such as CompanionLink or Handheld Contact
Platinum Elite Contributor

For the best ACT! experience on the Blackberry, I recommend Handheld Contact - you can download a 14-day trial to test it

[ Edited ]
Mr. Lazarus is either being paid by ACT! (or Handheld Contact) or {no personal comments, please}. Handheld Contact may be a beautiful solution but it costs MORE than ACT! Ridiculous, and NOT a solution. Companion Link really screwed up my records. When I update a record on the phone, the next time I sync it will add the name to ACT and DELETE the phone number. It does this every time. They are telling me I have a corrupt database. Well who corrupted it? I have received a lengthy email with a number of steps I need to take to address the issue. I am not optimistic, and I really am too busy to take a few hours to do this. New problem today, the ACT email crashed (NOT a new problem, happens frequently) but this time it erased all of my stored messages in my inbox and the two key folders that store correspondence about two major projects I'm working on. It apparently is all gone -- where did it go? The program is flawed and ACT apparently doesn't care. Upgrades that FIX the problems should be free. I will not be paying anything else in the hopes of fixing this. I have contacted Companion Link, I have posted in forums here, I have emailed "technical support" (which apparently doesn't exist because I have never received a response). My only alternative is to post a warning here. BEWARE of ACT. It is unstable and you WILL lose your data if you try to sync with a Blackberry.

Message Edited by tashina on 02-19-2008 02:54 PM

While I have been an Act user since 1998 they are not customer friendly and forget using blackberry they informed me that my Office 2007 is not supported and probably won't be in my version 9.01. I used the HHC and found the price outrageous. I like the software but I am a stand alone salesman who pays for this on my own. I am on the team for my company tha is choosing a CRM package but I won't support ACT probably Sales Force .com or the like. I really am disappointed in their customer support at Act or Sage whatever.

No, I am not paid by ACT! or Sage, nor do I sell ACT!

I use ACT! and Handheld Contact and find it's worth the investment

Handheld Contact is NOT a solution because it addresses a problem that should be solved by ACT itself. Shouldn't the industry leader provide a way to connect with the leading smartphone platforms, i.e. Windows, Palm, and Blackberry? Why should our actual cost for this functionality be more than the cost of the program itself?

Many of the add-ons are more expensive than ACT! - I guess that the volume of ACT! sales keeps that price down.

I find it's best not to look at the simple cost, but to look at the value the solution provides to you. I now spend more time in HHC than in ACT!, so the value it gives is easy to justify.

The HHC guys are also really great with their support which means I spend less time worrying about problems and more time working.

I know when symantec did versions for PDA (Newton, CE, etc), the R&D of keeping it up-to-date as the PDAs changed OS versions was far more than that for the main product. This might explain the costs of HHC.

I will give ACT credit for attempting to fix my problems. As a result of my posts in these forums, a representative from ACT called me and helped my get back my lost emails, and took care of the registration message on startup. I would love to report that this solves my problems, but the email module has crashed again since that conversation and there is still no affordable solution for getting ACT data to my Blackberry. Again, I thank the people at ACT for their attempt to help.

Which app does one use? The ACT app or the Blackberry app/