Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Workflow Software

Copper Contributor

Act! Workflow Software

Looking for alternatives to smart tasks to use with Act! in order to automate routine tasks.

Anyone using SAM by Northwoods that care to comment on it? Specifically its user friendliness, the earning curve to set up and use and the support available?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act! Workflow Software

For workflow automation, right now there's nothing better. There definitely is a learning curve. Take your time going through the help files and look at the existing campaigns. I wouldn't say it's easy to set up the first time but once you get it, it's a piece of cake. Northwoods is sometimes slow in responding.
Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com
Copper Contributor

Thank you!

Are you currently using SAM it in your business?

I guess I am a little concerned about investing a lot of time in SAM and then Act! coming up with a major improvement to smart tasks, perhaps to unlikely to be a concern.

Nickel Elite Contributor

I've installed and configured SAM for numerous clients, in different professions. There's nothing that comes close to automating your business - everything from tasks to emails to field updates to whatever you can think of.

ACT might have improvements in the area of SmartTasks, but I really don't see them approaching the features of SAM anytime soon.  It's not just the automated tasks and the like in SAM, it's the abilty to run/group them as campaigns - which is key.

You won't be disappointed in SAM, but as you've heard it's "exacting" - so either plan on taking tons of your time to learn, configure, test, and deploy, or get someone to do it for you that has experience, which, of course, I do.

Good luck...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Copper Contributor

Thank you Richard,

I will consider my options after I've had a chance to test drive it a bit during the 30 day trial.

My first impressions are not positive: A link to training video on their Help section is not working plus I left an email message with their tech department 3 days ago and still no response or even an acknowledgement. Makes one wonder if they should investing in SAM.

David

Nickel Elite Contributor

The support is often a bit slow, but you will get a response eventually, and it'll be helpful/accurate.  Also, as you have found out, the videos are out-of-date as well.  However, I will say the documentation is good, and the product (at least in the installs I've done) is error-free.

SAM comes with some sample campaigns, and between those and the documentation, you can figure out pretty much any process.

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Copper Contributor

Thank you, I will press on over the next couple of weeks. Will contact you if I decide use the software and if I require consultation time. David