Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Word Processor and MS/SBS 2003 shared fax?

Act Word Processor and MS/SBS 2003 shared fax?

I have a client who has a SBS 2003 that has shared faxing set up on it. When they attempt to fax from a merge (write and select template) using the shared fax from the server, Act! 2010 stops responding. They are using an unsupported version of Office that they are unable to use as a processor in Act! so they are using the built in processor. I have applied Hot Fix 4 but still the problem exists. Has anyone else run into this and have successfully made it work?

Thanks,

Peter

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act Word Processor and MS/SBS 2003 shared fax?

What version of Office?

ACT! can only print to the print driver - so a merge won't work as it's not sending the fax numbers and other details

You might try FaxAdmin to see if it connects to the fax software properly - http://www.glcomputing.com.au/main/40/1

They are using Office 2000. We have tested with Office 2007 and it works fine.  They are printing to a printer driver for the fax but the "printer" opens a wizard for the SBS fax.

Regards,

Peter

A single doc will bring up the dialog to enter the fax number, not possible with a merge.

That's why you might need FaxAdmin as I suggested

I am using ACT 2010 Premium and have a Windows 2003 Fax server shared, I tried FaxAdmin it looks great, but at the setting Fax Admin only accept to work with local modems and not Fax server, anyone knows how overcome this issue? But if I can not mail merge it is not worth.

Best regards

Victor G. 

Not sure of which products might use a local fax server... for faxing, I use MergeMaster! from Prodocom - http://www.prodocom.com.au/mergeMaster.php

They have a new version coming out that sounds pretty cool