Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Voip Click-To-Dial & Follow Up Email Integration.

Copper Contributor

Act! Voip Click-To-Dial & Follow Up Email Integration.

Problem: Too many clicks required to complete a task.

Situation:

I am in sales and make many calls during the day most of which included a follow up email immediately after each call, often referencing the phone conversation.

My equipment:

I use a ip phone on my computer desktop thereby enabling me to dial by clicking on an icon next to the Act! phone field, the History screen pops up immediately so that I can makes notes and schedule a follow up. Very handy minimalist version of software like Dial It and Call-On-Crm (both of which I tested, which by the way doesn't address the problem below).

Explanation:

I schedule a call in Act!, on the day the call is to be made I click to dial, make the call, complete the history screen and THEN I have erase the scheduled call because it has already been automatically recorded in history as a call made. Next I have click on click "write email from template" and complete the email. In some instances I have also included a To Do to write and email to the contact which then has to be erased because it has already been done.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to reduce the number or clicks required here? This Schedule call, make call, schedule follow and then send an email to client to reference call is critical for sales people. 

Are there better solutions? Have others in sales found any creative solutions to reducing all this clicking. For now I have been doing manually but it is time consuming, most of my calls are pre-scheduled and part of follow up Activity Series and thus are must be scheduled as an Act! call activity.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to dial from the call activity screen, have the history, follow up and Outlook email follow up screen pop up once the call is completed. For now I have been doing manually but it is time consuming, most of my calls are pre-scheduled and part of follow up Activity Series and thus are must be scheduled as an Act! call activity.

Your thoughts and suggestions appreciated.