Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Act V. 17 Mail Merge not Populating Fields

Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 281
Country: United States

Act V. 17 Mail Merge not Populating Fields

Therefore, when I put into the template, "Dear <Salutation>" for, say, a record whose Salutation field is "John", the merged letter says "Dear <Salulation"> rather than the correct "Dear John".  (Windws 8.1, Outlook 365, Word 365)

 

This was not a problem for my Act v. 16.

 

I had really hoped that Swiftpage would have avoided Sage's terrible habit of producing buggy products, but it appears this is not going to be the case.

 

The issue now is, will Swiftpage also repeat Sage's custom of ignoring customers who report bug's or will it promptly address them?

 

We will now see.

 

Roger 

Platinum Elite Contributor
Posts: 6,653
Country: USA

Re: Act V. 17 Mail Merge not Populating Fields

That is typically a Word issue rather than an ACT! issue. Check to see if the ACT! Addin is disabled in Word. Check here.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13569/kw/ACT!%20addind%20in%20word%20disabled

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 281
Country: United States

Re: Act V. 17 Mail Merge not Populating Fields

It is not disabled. Anyway, it was working yesterday under Act v. 16, but isn't working today under Act v. 17 a period in which there have been no revisions to Word 365. Therefore, the finger of guilt clearly points at the new version of Act.

 

Roger

Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 281
Country: United States

Re: Act V. 17 Mail Merge not Populating Fields

Well it started working. I have no idea why. But then when I try to the mail merge, Outlook 365 repeatedly terminates abnormally in the middle of the merge. I tried disabling all of the add-insexcept the Act add-in, but this didn't help. So, one bug resolves itself only to be replaced by another bug, that is, if anything worse.

 

Swiftpage seems to adopted the old Sage habit of issuing products they knew to be full of disabling bugs. (I know that for a fact because I was for some years a Sage beta tester, and saw it happen repeatedly. They'd issue the product knowing that they had pages of unresolved bugs reported by testers.)