Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Update Failure

Accepted Solution Solved
Skilled Commentator
Accepted Solution

Act Update Failure

I've had the same issues with the SQL update and not sure if that is part of the problem.  I did a backup to Act 10 and tried the update from within the program.  There was an update available and this was to the version just after the CD as I had not done this previously I think.  The update seemed to go through but there was a window with an OK button but no inforamtion.  I clicked it and the update closed down.  When I rebooted the system and tried to open Act again I get an error asking do I want to send the report information to Microsoft.  I select no but it just repeats.  I checked in program uninstall and Act is no longer listed.  I tried a fresh install from the CD and it says I must uninstall first however there is nothing listed anywhere. 

I can't get rid of the SQL error and the hotfix 1002 gives an error that it appies only to Act.  Please advise. I'm not sure where the error lies in this mess. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mistilayne
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Act Update Failure

I would suggest you might look in the knowledgebase for the ACT uninstaller and this should be able to remove the parts of the application that have not uninstalled correctly during the update and then you can install again. You should then do to the download part fo the updates section of the ACT website and manually download the update rather than doing it from within the help menu
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author mistilayne
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

I would suggest you might look in the knowledgebase for the ACT uninstaller and this should be able to remove the parts of the application that have not uninstalled correctly during the update and then you can install again. You should then do to the download part fo the updates section of the ACT website and manually download the update rather than doing it from within the help menu
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Elite Contributor

There is an ACT! uninstaller utility available through the Knowledge Base. Search for Article ID 19338. The download is at the bottom of the article.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm having problems with the Act 10.0 update that I believe would have taken me to 10.0.3.  I tried doing the update from within the program.  It locked up.  So I ran a version I downloaded back in July.  Everything related to Act crashed ... outlook service and act (it won't even open at this point).  I don't have my CD with me so how can I get Act back up and running again?

Is there a way to download a full version of Act 10.0.3, run the Act uninstaller and then install the full version?  I do have a full version of 10.0.2 downloaded but then I'm back to not having the upgrade.  If I go the 10.0.2 route, how do I get upgraded?

Suggestions as this point?

One final question, what is the update vs. the hotfix?

I do have a backup of the Act database.

Thanks for your time.

Message Edited by mdezrin on 08-08-2008 08:10 PM
Nickel Contributor

Go to the ACT.com website and look under support|downloads. 10.01, 10.02, and 10.03 are all available there along with the hotfixes.

I would go ahead and download the 10.03 update (all updates are supposed to be cumulative) and the hotfix.  Im not sure if the 10.03 update lisated there includes the hotfix or not. I think it does though, anyone know for sure?

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Copper Contributor

Matt,

Thank you for your suggestion but those are not full versions.  They are updates and hotfixes.  If you read the nature of the thread, our problems exist because we did exactly that.  Act stopped working and we got all kinds of errors (see previous messages in this thread).  There were postings from Sage Support saying they were sending private messages to posters with full versions.  We're looking for those full versions.

Nickel Contributor

Ahh your right. Sorry about that. Looks like Roy found the correct link above.
Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Copper Contributor

Why can't they make it easier to find the downloads?  Everyone tends to look under the section called downloads not the knowledgebase.  Thanks Roy.  Now, the obvious question ... once we download 10.0.3, do we need to

do the update, the hotfix, both or none?  Any tips so we don't encounter the same problems again?

Thanks!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

The version 10.0.3 is all inclusive.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

And this fixes the issues created when upgrading if the .net 2 service pack 1 was installed as a windows update?