Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act, TrueCrypt and CompanionLink for Android

Accepted Solution Solved
Loyal Listener
Accepted Solution

Act, TrueCrypt and CompanionLink for Android

In a previous post, I asked about setting up Act2010 and TrueCrypt.  Assuming I can do this, does anyone know how that will impact my syncing via CompanionLink for Android via USB cable?  I would think since I would be logged in, that the data will come unacross unencrypted just fine to the smartphone. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author dtmfcc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act, TrueCrypt and CompanionLink for Android

Yes.  TrueCrypt provides the database to ACT and CompanionLink will pull data through ACT to your Palm/Phone/etc.  TrueCrypt is just hosting the database and the other programs won't even know it's there.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

As with the Act!/TrueCrypt question, this is also something we haven't tested nor would recommend.  In theory, if Act! can open the database while encrypted it will then feed Companionlink the information unencrypted. 

We'd love to hear how your experience with this goes.  Please respond back to this post with your results should you try it.  Thanks

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Elite Contributor

As in your other TrueCrypt/ACT post, I've also been using CompanionLink/ACT/TrueCrypt for a couple of years.  No problems moving data over to my old Palm T5.
Loyal Listener

Thanks for this as well.  Just to clarify, True Crypt volume will be mounted while I run the Act to Palm sync, right?  And I assume the same once I switch phones, when I run the Act to Android sync, right?

Thanks again

Solution
Accepted by topic author dtmfcc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Yes.  TrueCrypt provides the database to ACT and CompanionLink will pull data through ACT to your Palm/Phone/etc.  TrueCrypt is just hosting the database and the other programs won't even know it's there.