Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Shared Database Stopped Working on all 4 of our computers. No change to network

Act Shared Database Stopped Working on all 4 of our computers. No change to network

Act Shared Database Stopped Working

I even made up a new database and shared it, turned off fire wall on both computers, copied pad file to the other computer and still not opening.

I am working on reformating a computer and I installed ACT on it and used the serial number that matched the one I am replacing. I was doing that temporarily until I got everything going. I had them all working about 5 days ago and no problems. I come in monday and nothing is working.

Copper Contributor

Re: Act Shared Database Stopped Working on all 4 of our computers. No change to network

Because you can load up ACT! on the server it suggests that SQL(ACT7) is running but because you can't connect in I would check to see if the SQL Browser service has been started on the server:

Click on Run on your machine and type Services.msc this will take you to Services scroll down and check that SQL Server Browser service has been started, if not start this and check to see if you can connect in again.

If it didnt right click it and select properties start set the recovery options to 'Restart the service' upon first failure etc

Let me kow if this fixes the issue.

Re: Act Shared Database Stopped Working on all 4 of our computers. No change to network

Thanks so much for the response. Last night I was at office until 9pm working on it and I finally tried a system restore on the server computer and that fixed It. I believe what you are telling me could very well have been the problem. I am going to check out what you are telling me and take notes for next time.