Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Schema Update Failed Problem

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act Schema Update Failed Problem

[ Edited ]

Hi

Im receiving the following error message when I try to upgrage my act 2007 to 2010.

"Act schea update failed. The system cannot find the file specified."

I have been able to restore the original database to 2010 however the upgrade process fails and I cannot access my database

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Tom

Message Edited by tdoherty on 05-12-2010 11:30 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act Schema Update Failed Problem

Hello Tom,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Here is a link to instructions for resolving issues with updating your database: Schema Update Failed

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Tom,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Here is a link to instructions for resolving issues with updating your database: Schema Update Failed

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks!

That worked a dream

Copper Super Contributor

Hi everyone, I just upgraded ACT from 2009 to 2011, and Im getting this same issue.  Can anyone PLEASE provide some assistance?  Im running on Win Server 2008, I ensured UAC is disabled, Ive reindexed\repaired the database, and I reset the SQL Password.  What should I do next.  Please help.. VERY desparate!  =[

Copper Super Contributor

nevermind, on a last hope I rebooted.. and miraculously it fixed my issue...
Astute Commentator

After reviewing some of the other forums, I have found that this will also occur if the customer's old database has a field named "Manager".  Here is the discovery post from Paul Schmidt:

http://community.act.com/t5/ACC-Discussions/2011-SP1-HF1-can-break-schema-prevent-RDB-creation/m-p/1...

------------

Be aware that ACT! has changed the internal name of the system field "Record Manager" to "Manager," thus breaking the schema of any databases where a "manager" field had previously been added.  The fix is to rename your client's "manager" field to something else, such as "mgr" or "manager 1," then run actdiag and rebuild the schema.  Why they would change a system field name that's been in ACT for over 20 years without telling anyone, is beyond me!

We discovered this after updating a client's 2011 to SP1 and HF1 -- had spent a lot of time trying to create a new sync remote RDB, getting various error messages.  No ACT techs could help.  Database Services reviewed the client db and informed us that ACT had made an internal field name change with the latest updates that caused our long-time ACT user much grief -- Back in pre-ACT6 days, they had added a field called "Manager," which carried forward through several ACT! upgrades without a problem until 2011 SP1, HF1. 

Paul Schmidt
Computer Evaluations
Dallas, TX
214-219-8607

------------------

Kier Shapiro

Kier Associates

866-248-5437

Greg.. I have the same problem.. but, don't see the link on your post

Can you tell me how to make this change?