Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Scheduler

Copper Contributor

Act! Scheduler

I had preset the Act!Scheduler (Act2010) to work with an old database. I now have another database and I cannot get it to work. I also cannot delete or edit the setting for the old database. What am I doing wrong?
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act! Scheduler

Are you getting any error messages when trying to open the Scheduler program or modify the Scheduler settings?

If you are running on a Vista or Win7 OS, you can try running the Scheduler program 'As Administrator'.  To do this: close the Scheduler program > from the Windows Start button > Programs list > Act! folder > right click on the Act! Scheduler icon and select 'Run As Administrator'.

The issue may come from lack of permissions on the folder holding the 'scheduler_file.xml' file or from a bad 'scheduler_file.xml' file itself.

Here is an article explaining how to recreate the 'scheduler_file.xml' file: Recreate Scheduler file 

Before recreating it - try adding 'Everyone / Full Control' to the Security of the 'Act for Windows' folder.  Right click on the folder icon and select Properties > then select Security tab.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Re: Act! Scheduler

Thanks Greg. I will try adding "Everyone." Yes I am getting an error.