Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Scheduler Won't Run

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act Scheduler Won't Run

I'm running W7x64 Ultimate & Act 2010 V12.1.181.0 Hot Fix 5 which runs as administrator. I recently changed the name of my database and scheduler ceased functioning although it had run without issue prior to that. I've tried stopping & restarting the service, resetting it as an administrator service, deleting the scheduler xml file & rebuilding it by recreating the service. There are no entries in the log. It doesn't even appear to be trying to start the backup. I've triple checked for typos and obvious errors. I run 3 drives & backup to the E: drive which is local and used for all data. ACT program is located on the D: drive. Manual backup works just fine. It wouldn't bother me except my backup program won't copy the Act database due to the sql server blocking it and I refuse to have unbacked up data. What next???

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author bgontarek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act Scheduler Won't Run

Fresh installation of ACT solved the problem. I don't know why.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Have you tried removing and re-adding your database to the list of tasks?  What happens if you add the ACT! Demo database, or any other database for that matter?

James Burlew
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer & Hosting Provider
www.designr1.com
(877) 755-9029

Follow us on:

Want to know more about Hosting ACT! in the Cloud? Click Here!
Copper Super Contributor

I also have no idea where a demo database is located. I've deleted & readded my database so many times I could do it blindfolded and did it 10 minutes ago. No help. My database is large (over 7,000 entries) and uses file attachments extensively and has no other users if that helps.

I've had the issue before & have no idea why it went away. Never had the issue with XP64 though I found that OS problematic. A backup should be simple and predictable and I'm frustrated with this one because it's unpredictable. What next??

Copper Super Contributor

I've now copied the database, run maintenance & tied the auto backup. No change. Log still indicates no events.

Solution
Accepted by topic author bgontarek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Fresh installation of ACT solved the problem. I don't know why.