Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Schedular.exe*32 causing high CPU Temperatures

Copper Contributor

Act.Schedular.exe*32 causing high CPU Temperatures

[ Edited ]

After my system is up for 12 hours or so, I notice that my I7 CPU core temperatures run 172 F or so.  By process of elimination in Windows task manager, stopping the service Act.Scheduler.exe*32 under the System username, core temperatures drop to around 130° within 10 to 15 seconds.

Any idea what is causing these resources being used by the scheduler while the system is idle?

(I'm running W7x64 Ultimate & Act 2011 SP1 Hot Fix 6 as administrator).

MDO

Re: Act.Schedular.exe*32 causing high CPU Temperatures

He the same issue. Go to a DOS prompt (click on Run and type "cmd"). In DOS, type "netsh winsock reset". Don't know why it worked for me. Found it because iTunes was doing the same thing.
Copper Contributor

I will try it tonight when it occurs.  Is this a one time fix?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Actsmonts,
In the Task Manager, how much CPU was the ACT! Scheduler using before you shut it down? Was it in the process of running a scheduled task, like maintenance or a backup?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Good questions Greig,

I only have one scheduled task which backups the database file.   I just ran a scheduled back up to test and it was only 10 or 15 seconds with no increase in temp (120F) or CPU.

When this problem occurs (after around 12 hours after booting), my temps stay at around 170F and CPU use stays above 30% until I stop the Act.Schedular.exe*32 (under system)  The actual service itself runs around 4% during the high temp phase.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

It may be that the scheduler is conflicting with another app, like your firewall or antivirus. Try adding C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Scheduler.exe and C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Scheduler.UI.exe as program exceptions. Also, when the scheduler is running, see what other processes are concurrently using CPU.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I doubt it would be my firewall or Anti Virus.  I scheduled a backup this morning as I said and it ran fine.

I have not noticed other processes running other than the typical System Idle Process and taskmgr.exe.  I will check again when it occurs this evening.

Copper Contributor

It appears that I solved this issue by changing the daily scheduled database backup time from 8 PM to 5 PM.  I have no idea why this is working but I have not noticed any more of these temperature increases.

Copper Contributor

Well I still have the same problem. Once the database backs up the Act.Scheduler continues to run and cause temps to go up 40 degrees.

Any ideas?