03-22-2012 10:30 AM
I installed Act! 2010 a year ago on my Dell Computer witih Windows XP. From the very beginning it was extremely slow so it was useless for me. I then changed jobs and didn't need to use it. Now I need it and am faced with the same problem. What can I do myself to speed it up so that it's useful. Thanks for your help. Suzie
03-23-2012 06:04 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!
At first guess, I would assume it is most likely a system resources issue. Can you provide some additional information about your computer:
- Amount of RAM (memory)? Right click 'My Computer' > select Properties > look for RAM amount near bottom of General tab.
- How fast is the processor? (Listed with the RAM info on Properties)
- Verify: the database is located on this computer - correct?
- Since 'slow' can have different meanings to different people; can you describe what you find to be slow... does it open slowly (how long), or is it slow when opening a calendar item/activity (how long)?
- Seeing that it is an XP, and just as a reference point, how old is this computer?
The thought here being that the speed of the disk drive may be on the lower end.
If you close all other programs, does the response time improve?