Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Pro v19 - Appointments across timezones

Copper Contributor

Act! Pro v19 - Appointments across timezones

I'm just starting to trial the upgrade to v19 and I'm wondering what is the best way to record appoinrment times for a business trip involving crossing time zones.

Essentially I've got a lfight and arrive + 5 time zones later, have a couple of business meetings (organised in 'new' local time). then fly out to arrive +7 time zones later with more local meetings. That pattern goes on for a couple of weeks.

Tx in advance.

Rob

Administrator

Re: Act! Pro v19 - Appointments across timezones

Hi Rob,

Act! detects what time zone Windows is using, and will display your calendar in this time zone.

In your scenario, you could enter your Activities in Act! using the local time of the destination country (i.e. UTC + 5), then when you change your PC timezone, these times will show correctly in the local time when you are in the destination country.
Copper Contributor

Thanks Gary,

I was hoping there was a facility, as there is in outlook, where you can specify the relevant timezone when you enter an appointment.. Indeed outlook goes one further where (eg for flights) you can have a start time in one timezone and the end time in another. Maybe in a future version...?

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi Rob,

That's a good idea and and would make a great suggestion for our Share Your Ideas board, where other people can vote on posted ideas.