Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro Version 16 Hot Fix 4 - Smart Task Problem

RJS
Copper Contributor

Act Pro Version 16 Hot Fix 4 - Smart Task Problem

[ Edited ]

Can someone please check to see if I am the only one having these 2 issues. I asked a support person waiting on an answer but wanted to send to others as well. I have not seen this anywhere in the forum yet unless I overlooked it. (Both of the below problems ONLY happen with CUSTOM Smart Tasks I create, NOT with the ones that come pre-defined with the software) This is happening with Triggers of - Run When Smart Task Conditions Are Met. All the ones that come with Act are triggers to run on determined dates and times.

1) When a smart task is highlighted/chosen from the smart task menu and edit is chosen, so I can view setting or make edits, the "Run Only Once For Any Record" which was formerly chosen with a check box, is un-checked/chosen if I leave the screen by choosing cancel instead of Ok. One might not want to change anything and logically leave the screen choosing cancel?

2) Every time I disable and enable a smart task Auto-Run to ensure changes are made, it adds more parenthesis around the dynamic search conditions. eg. if you make 3 edits and toggle disable and enable 3 times, I wind up with 3 parenthesis around the dynamic conditions. Before the first line and after the last line. 7 edits 7 parenthesis. Even if I just toggle back and forth with no edits, it adds parenthesis.? Again, none of this happen with the pre-defined smart tasks that come with the software installation.

Rob
RobJSinger.com

Re: Act Pro Version 16 Hot Fix 4 - Smart Task Problem

Rob,

Thank you for your post here.  I have done some testing and here is what I was able to find:

Your first issue is confirmed for several versions of v16.

Your second issue is confirmed for several versions of v16.

So, really, good job finding these.  We are using the text of your post here as a part of the documentation process for these issues and we will use our channels to get this to development as quickly as possible.  For now I cannot give you a workaround to this problem, but know that we're going to do the best we can.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
RJS
Copper Contributor

Billy,

Keep in mind that those 2 examples you found to be valid errors, are not the larger picuture since we are not sure they are what's causing duplicates. When those issues are monitored while creating new smart tasks to ensure both are corrected before testing, the smart tasks are still creating duplicates and in my case sometimes not sending at all.

This is not only happening with v16 but has been going on for the last 2 years which is clear to see from all the prior posts.

As noted earlier, Smart Tasks go hand in hand with what the Swiftpage email and Campaign service is all about and in my opinion  is one of the most powerful applications Act has.

Rob
RobJSinger.com
Copper Contributor

Billy,

There have been a number of other postings recently with regards to Smart Tasks duplicating entries, an issue which seems to be ongoing since ST was first introduced. See Dec 28-31 postings - Smart Task duplicate entries.

Wondering if you can comment on this issue?

David