Act Pro V22 issue with Outlook 365

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Act Pro V22 issue with Outlook 365

Worked perfectly thank you
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Sitt1965, I am so sorry for not fully reading your question and noting your version of Act!. Im also sorry for sending the wrong link. Act! Pro does not have the new API integration with MS Office. Your existing Act! Pro still uses the older Outlook integration and it should work fine. An uninstall and reinstall will sometimes work. Always install Act! AFTER MS Office and Outlook are working correctly.

Please accept my apologies for sending you down a rabbit hole.

Scott Abboud
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

No worries Scott you are most probably pre-occupied with the elections :-)

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Ok, just ran a mailmerge to email using the update but still getting issues. All emails go into the Drafts folder in Outlook but are NOT sent
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

This issue is unfortunately not curable "from the ACT! side". It is an Outlook problem.
The "protected area" of this community contains hints to this being a Microsoft Outlook problem with the so-called "current channel" setting. Setting Office to the semi-annual channel should resolve this.
Changing your Office installation from "current channel" to "semi-annual channel" will basically install a slightly "older" Office version which doesn't have the problem.
You might need some help with that from your IT guy....
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Melville, I disagree with you this isn't a Microsoft issue at all this is a case of Act/Swiftpage not releasing updates in time so that it makes it's product compatible with Outlook. 

Microsoft brings out regular updates for its products and this is clearly a case of Swiftpage being left behind! I have experienced similar issues in the past with Act no working when MS updates Office. Keep in mind here that Act is supposed to be MS Office compatible...

https://community.act.com/t5/Act/What-is-new-in-Act-v20-Pro/m-p/343202#M82634

https://community.act.com/t5/Act/Act-v20-11th-October-release-date/m-p/343003#M82598

Converting Office to semi-annual updates is not going to fix anything. All this is doing is buying time for Swiftpage to come up with an update in order to make it work with Office and at the same time forcing me to use an outdated version of Office...