Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro V22 issue with Outlook 365

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Act Pro V22 issue with Outlook 365

I've just run a mailmerge to email using Act Pro V22.0 202 update 4. I've never had any issues before but when I look in Outlook at my Sent Items the email appears to have been sent but the preview shows a blank page. I've just mailmerged to myself the same template and that came through ok with the preview in Sent Items showing the email. Appears to be multiple email error not showing the preview. 

Outlook updated itself this morning to version 2010 Build 13328.20292

I'm yet to find out whether my customers received the email or they received a blank email from me.

I would appreciate help with this?

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act Pro V22 issue with Outlook 365

First, I would pick one or two of the customers and ask them if they received the eMail.  That may tell you all you need to know as to whether or not the content was delivered.

Second, I would upgrade to the latest version of ACT! - Act! v22.1 Update 4. A lot of fixes were included there.

After the above, come back here and let the rest of us know if the problem has been resolved.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.1.212.0 Update 4
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I always run Act notifications prior to using and the notification did tell me that I'm running the latest version so obviously the notification cant be working correctly too?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I'm trying to update Act but get the following error 

Act error.PNGAct.PNG

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

John is correct in that v22.1 update 4 fixes a ton of issues in Act!. However, v22.1 also completely re-wrote the Outlook email integration.  It now works with the Act! API and Outlook API as opposed to the traditional SDK integration. As a result, there are new problems.

Issues we have seen with v22.1 Update 4 include:

1. Email sent attach with a history of Call Attempted instead of Email Sent

2. Email merging creates the same history as above.

3. Email sent to custom email address fields don't get attached.  For example, emails will attach if sent to the stock Email and Personal Email fields.

Though upgrading to v22.1 update 4 might be a good idea, I might also suggest you purchase an inexpensive addon called Act4Outlook https://www.keystroke.ca/en/apps/act4-products/act4outlook.html

This addon is only $36 US and it adds a lot of extra features to the Act! and Outlook email integration. Other than being a well made app that attached emails properly, a favorite feature is the ability to right click on an email and "Lookup Contact" which creates a lookup in Act!  You can also right click and do a bunch of other things.

A plan of action might be to upgrade to v22.1 first and test.  If you have problems, download the addon above.

Let us know.

Scott Abboud
Allied Financial Software, Inc.
770-475-0495 xt114 direct
770-475-9213 Act4Advisors paid support
www.software4advisors.com
www.act4advisors.com
www.scanandorganize.com

We Make ACT! Work for Financial Services Professionals.

Act4Advisors and Scan and Organize Copyright ©2020 Allied Financial Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved. ACT! is a registered trademark of Swiftpage ACT!, LLC

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

To upgrade from v22.0 to v22.1, uninstall Act! and then download and reinstall.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Ok just uninstalled Act now it says that I can't install the latest update as I don't have Act installed
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

The newest build of Act! is located at www.act.com/download Use the Windows client.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Scott, just followed your instructions and downloaded from your link. My serial number wasn't accepted. Just spent all morning trying to work this out and it turns out that the link you provided isn't for the Pro version
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Here is correct link https://www.act.com/download/download-act!-pro-v22

Make sure you uninstall the curent installed Act version and reboot your pc before installing this version.