Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Pro V20 Template Spelling checker locked to english

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act! Pro V20 Template Spelling checker locked to english

As you can see in the Title of this post. I'm kind off stuck the language for the word templates are stuck on English and we want them on dutch. 
I have even tried removing the english spelling checker from Word but it might use the one from Act! is there a dutch .dic file some where?

I'll add some pictures later today.

Hope some one can help me with this problem. Thanks for any assistance you all can give me!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author F.Klaassen
‎12-18-2017 03:55 AM
Administrator

Re: Act! Pro V20 Template Spelling checker locked to english

Act! has never been released with a NL localisation unfortunately - so I don't believe we've ever provided the .dic files in Dutch.

However, you can add custom dictionaries to the spell checker. I've googled around a little, and managed to track down an NL dictionary file (originally provided for some other software).

If you download the file attached to this post then follow the steps below:

1.  Put the "nl-NL.dic" file in your Act Installation folder (e.g. C:/Program Files (x86)/Act/Act for Windows    -  or wherever you chose to install Act).
  2. Open Act and go to Tools > Preferences > Communication > Spelling preferences
  3. Next to select user dictionary, click browse and browse to the "nl-NL.dic" file.
  4. Click OK.

explorer_2017-12-11_10-05-05.png

This should enable dutch spell checking in the Act! Word Processor - though it will also accept English.

Bear in mind, this dictionary file was not created by Swiftpage, so I can't vouch for the quality of the spelling - use at your own risk Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author F.Klaassen
‎12-18-2017 03:55 AM
Administrator

Act! has never been released with a NL localisation unfortunately - so I don't believe we've ever provided the .dic files in Dutch.

However, you can add custom dictionaries to the spell checker. I've googled around a little, and managed to track down an NL dictionary file (originally provided for some other software).

If you download the file attached to this post then follow the steps below:

1.  Put the "nl-NL.dic" file in your Act Installation folder (e.g. C:/Program Files (x86)/Act/Act for Windows    -  or wherever you chose to install Act).
  2. Open Act and go to Tools > Preferences > Communication > Spelling preferences
  3. Next to select user dictionary, click browse and browse to the "nl-NL.dic" file.
  4. Click OK.

explorer_2017-12-11_10-05-05.png

This should enable dutch spell checking in the Act! Word Processor - though it will also accept English.

Bear in mind, this dictionary file was not created by Swiftpage, so I can't vouch for the quality of the spelling - use at your own risk Smiley Happy

Thank you for this will try it out and get back to you if it solves the problem.

Thanks for this! it worked.