Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Pro Help Needed

Act! Pro Help Needed

I've got Act! Pro 2016 and have two small questions:  The HELP TOPICS appears to be empty.  Also, I've saved a new layout and cannot figure out how to switch to it.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act! Pro Help Needed

Not sure about the Help Topics, but you should be able to switch layouts from the drop-down list on the Contact Detail view. Does your new layout appear there?

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP

Thanks, but no, that drop down box was gone.  I've just been on with Tech Support to get it put back.  And the help topics aren't compatible with the IE11 that I've been stuck with.  Fun. . .

Copper Elite Contributor

If you have lost the toolbar, I think you can get it back by going to Tools|Customize|Menus and Toolbars.

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP

The toolbar was still there, that drop-down menu was entirely gone.  It wasn't just not sitting on the bar, I mean it was gone.  Wasn't even available as a command to put back in the Customize Toolbars dialog.

Nickel Super Contributor

Try TOOLS > Custimize > Reset Menus and Toolbars.

If that doesn't work, check your DPI settings on your monitor.  Is it set to Large Fonts (anything greater than 100%)?

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

That wasn't it.  The "Select Layout" drop-down list was never available to begin with (I have a Contact Detail screen shot from when I first upgraded from Act! 2009 to Act! Pro 2016).  I have no idea what happened, but it simply didn't exist.

The dudes at tech support had to go in and do something to the underlying Preferences files in AppData.

It's back now.  For how long, I don't know.