Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Pro 2013 installation problem

Act! Pro 2013 installation problem

Trying to reinstall Act! Pro 2013 on another computer after the original crashed. When I start the setup.exe, I make sure that the compatibilty mode is not activated and also run as administrator. Even with that, an error message says to remove XP compatibility mode. PC is Win 7 Pro 64bit. Ideas? Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act! Pro 2013 installation problem

Hello Karldery,

Welcome to the ACT! Community!

Please review the following article for additional steps in resolving this issue: KB Article 26077

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

I had already reviewed that article. All step, or methods were tried to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

In the Properties of the Setup.exe, have you tried enabling Compatibility mode and changing to a different mode (ex: Vista)?
Greg Martin
Sage

Yes I did try, but still won't install.

The steps in the article have been the most common resolutions to this issue...  here are some other things to try:

- Right click on setup.exe > select 'Run as administrator'

- Rename extracted folder (ex: add '-old' to end), delete all files within temp folders (C:\windows\temp and '%temp%' through Start menu Search field), rename the Prereq folder, run setup.exe with 'Run as administrator

- Set properties/compatibility mode on downloaded file to 'Windows 7', extract, set setup.exe to compatibility mode 'Windows 7', attempt install.

Greg Martin
Sage

When using Windows 7 compatibility mode, error message:

XP machine does not have Service Pack 3 applied.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 is a minimum requirement to continue the Sage ACT! installation.

When using Vista SP2 (or any other version) compatibility mode error message:

Sage ACT! has detected that you are running this installation in Windows XP Compatibility mode. You must remove this setting and then continue the installation. See Knowledgebase article 26077 on kb.sagesoftwareonline.com for more information.

So went into ACTSTD folder and executed setup.exe from that folder and eureka!

Glad to hear it worked! And Thank You for posting the update with the step that resolved it (it helps to improve our knowledge base).
Greg Martin
Sage