Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro 2013 crashes before opening entirely

Act Pro 2013 crashes before opening entirely

I'm in the process of updating our entire office from act 2010 to act 2013.

Starting on my server (as I was told) I spent a good 2 hours installing Act Pro 2013 [Version 15.0.0].

[Server is on Windows Server 2003 r2]

After a "succesful" install, I go to open the program to upgrade the database.  2013 starts to open, freezes for about 10 seconds, then the program closes itself.

I've tried applying all the SP and hotfixes.  Do I need to uninstall the program and try reinstalling? Or is there some other patch I should try?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act Pro 2013 crashes before opening entirely

Hello DBrass81,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Is ACT! crashing when attempting to update the database, or it is crashing when just opening (before prompting to open database)?

Have you looked at the Windows Event Viewer for errors?  ACT! 2013 uses a different version of .NET than 2010, look for any .NET errors.

An uninstall/reinstall would be a good thing to try.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Act Pro 2013 crashes before opening entirely

[ Edited ]

Mine started to work after the SLQ was recognized and I made sure to open ACT Pro 2013 before other programs.    I've learned over the past 20 years using ACT that they are always well behind the times with fixes and probably wait for enough complaints to fix a problem.   Reactionary vs. visionary when it comes to compatibility!   Always a nightmare.   It seems they want you to join their tech program and make money there.   Just an opinion!