Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro 2013 and Windows 10

Act Pro 2013 and Windows 10

Have been told by Swiftpage that Act Pro 2013 will not work on Windows 10?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act Pro 2013 and Windows 10

It won't be tested on Windows so there's no information on if it will work or what problems ther might be.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

My works after the SLQ is recognized and I make sure to start ACT 13 before other programs.

Copper Super Contributor

sumri,

Thank you for submitting your post. Act! v17 and above are the only certified and supported versions of Act! to work with Windows 10 and previous versions of Act! may have issues that cannot be resolved. Below I have included the link to the Knowledgebase article that will provide more information about Act! and Windows 10:

38167 Is Act! compatible with Windows® 10? - http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38167/

Hope this helps,

Scott Baker
Visit the knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

Scott, 

Thanks for the reply.  Just to clarify my issue, I am not interested in upgrading to a new version of ACT as I have only used this version for two years. I believe if Sage still owned the software, they would support their installed base and not force their installed base to upgrade because of a new windows release.  There are other CRM manufacturers in the marketplace and I may start a project to move to a better supported CRM.

I am only interested in hearing from others that wish to make Ver 15 work on Windows 10.

Thanks,

sumri

I have worked with the ACT! program since 1994, first in technical support and then as an ACC abd orevious version of the ACT! program were never patched to work with a new release of Windows. Only the current and future versions were ever certified for the new version of Windows.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

What qualifies as Certified and supported Versions of Act!
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been a user since ACT! V2.0 for DOS. Currently using V16. And I find the new model employed by Swiftpage of forcing the customer into a new version to be unpalatable. All previous versions of ACT! I owned worked with the updated version of Windows except this one. Not Swiftpage fault but then forcing me into their "Premium" model.

I just had a conversation for a phone sales rep as the to best method to upgrade. I do not wish to be on a subscription model. So I was offered V71.2 Pro for $199 but with a strong warning it 'may or may not work'. When I asked if I could download a trial version of 7.2 to see if it would work on my machine I was told a plain 'no'. So in effect the customer has no choice.

Really not impressed with Swiftpage, Sales Support Rep and their lack of options for customers.

Love, hate relationship with ACT.   After 20 years, I feel compelled to find another solution that will handle my 8000 contacts.   It's the only program I have had trouble with in Windows 10 and for as much as they charge for upgrades, it's become unbearable.

Getting a trial of 17 is possible but if you upgrade the database you won't be able to change it back to 16. Version 17 does have some know problems with Windows 10 but Swiftpage has commited to updating version 17 to work with Windows 10. You may want to contact an ACT! Certified Consultant for more information including pricing options.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129