Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Pro 2013 - Encountered an error. Please shutdown the application

Act! Pro 2013 - Encountered an error. Please shutdown the application

I am running Sage Act! Pro2013 version 15.1.108.0 on a server and accessing this using 3 machines and 3 users. The machines are running different versions of Windows.

Main PC is using Windows Vista Business

Laptop 1 is using Windows 7 Professional

Laptop 2 is using Windows 8.

I have recently been having issues with the database not updating the information for all the user to see, however today I have a much larger issue.

The main PC is working correctly however both the laptops when I try to access the calendar states the following error message 'Act! has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application'

I can not seem to access the calendar at all, although I can still access the data.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Alan

Re: Act! Pro 2013 - Encountered an error. Please shutdown the application

This can occur if there are damaged users or activities in the database. You had mentioned that it works correctly on the main machine, but what happens if you log into the database on the main machine as one of the users that use the laptops and do the same thing? Another test that you can do, is log in on the laptop as the user that logs in on the main computer and see if you can access the calendar from there to see if it stops responding. If it allows you to see the calendar, it could indicate data corruption.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com