Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro 2012 fails in database upgrade

Highlighted

Re: Act Pro 2012 fails in database upgrade

Hello,

Same error.  I am trying to update from 2010 to 2012 and get the following error:

"Exceptions occurred while executing the database Schema Update Script."

I tried the maintenance and have an error in Database Rebuild -> Ole/DB Report Objects:

"TBL_SYSCOLUMN_SYNC_TRU: Processing error occurred in Sync Trigger TBL_SYSCOLUMN_SYNC_TRU, Table TBL_SYSCOLUMN- No SYNCDBID value in SYNCDB table.  The transaction ended in the trigger. Tha batch has been aborted."

In the log file, the message at the bottom is the following:

"

*********** Schema Update failed **************

*********** Exception message follows *********

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: PRC_REPORT_MAKE_OLEDBFUNCTIONS: ERROR OCCURRED TRYING TO CREATE/ALTER BASE FUNCTION FNR_CONTACT

PRC_REPORT_MAKE_OLEDBFUNCTIONS: ERROR OCCURRED TRYING TO REMOVE FUNCTION METADATA FOR FNR_CONTACT

The current transaction cannot be committed and cannot support operations that write to the log file. Roll back the transaction.

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ConnectionManager.ExecuteTSql(ExecuteTSqlAction action, Object execObject, DataSet fillDataSet, Boolean catchException)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType)

Schema Update failed.

"

I tried a db with 10 contacts, and had an error with the schema, but used the solution of deleting the pad, ant it worked.  But I have tried that and different solutions with this database that has around 5,000 contacts with no success.

Please help me.  We have bought these new version since a month ago, and couldn't use it.

Highlighted

I didn't mention:

I have Windows 7 Premium.

Act 2012 Premium Edition

The upgrade is from Act 2010

Regards,

Highlighted

I've had a similar problem.  I recently moved my Act! 2011 Pro from XP with Windows 7.   I've also experienced having times when Act! 2011 has hung (this happened 3 times today.    Here is what I get when trying to clear cleared activies older than 120. 

Any suggestions would be most welcome.Remove Old Data.jpg