Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro 2012 fails in database upgrade

Highlighted
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act Pro 2012 fails in database upgrade

Hello Wimborw,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Here is an article addressing this issue, be sure to try the steps for Selective Startup: KB Article 28513

Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted

I had ACT Services do the db conversion for me. They sent back a zip file with the converted db and from that I did a restore. Only additional step was coping the attachments folder from the old db location to the new db location. I had really great support. I am now fully operational in 2012. I tried to minimize ram use and could only achieve a really low initial loading when starting XP in safe mode. But ACT will not start in safe mode. I did not know what services within .net, sql or ACT inhibit start up. It is too bad because overall RAM use was less than 200Mb. Thanks, Bill
Highlighted

Bill,

Glad to hear you are up and running now.  Thanks for posting back with your status!

Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted

ACT 2012 (for the web) will allow me to create new databases and work with the demo database. However, when we attempt to convert (update) ACT databases from ACT 2010, we are continually getting a schema update error. The error message is "Exceptions occurred while executing the database schema update script". The error log states SYSTEM.DATA.SQLCLIENT.SQLEXCEPTION incorrect syntax near '100'. We have tried selective startups without success.

Highlighted

Hello Stewarted,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

This error generally indicates an incomplete update of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to 2008 R2, and has been resolved by removing both the 2005 and 2008 R2 versions of SQL, then reinstalling SQL 2008 R2.  Use Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features) to uninstall all SQL components > then reinstall using the instructions in this article: KB Article 26994

Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted

Thank you Greg! I probably won't have an opportunity to do this until early next week, but I will keep you posted.

Highlighted

Something to try... If you have a workstation that has ACT! 2012 on it, but did not have ACT! 2010 (no prior SQL)... try copying the database files to that workstation (except PAD) and open the database using the ADF file (to recreate the PAD). If it successfully updates, you can then copy it back to the server. This hasn't been tested, but may work. Note: you will need to stop the SQL Server (ACT7) service before copying the files.
Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I have just been trying to upgrade our previous dd from ACT 2010 for use on PRO 2012 & been getting the same error message appear, however have checked through the Schema report & keep getting this repeated:

*********** Schema Update failed **************
*********** Exception message follows *********
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: 'ACTOLEDB' is not a valid login or you do not have permission.
User or role 'ACTOLEDB' does not exist in this database.
Cannot find the user 'ACTOLEDB', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.*

* re-occuring

I have tried to call support but phone numbers are not working & support website from inside ACT is showing a 'unavailable for mantaince'.

Any suggestions welcome as I have the PC's in the office installed with 2012 & the rest on 2010 (which can still access the db) but everyone needs to have access!!!

Highlighted

JR_84,
Your post was on Saturday; were you able to contact support today to help resolve your issue?
Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Greg,

One of my colleagues contacted support yesterday (Monday) & resolved it

Thank you

John