Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro 2012 fails in database upgrade

Copper Contributor

Act Pro 2012 fails in database upgrade

When installing Act Pro 2012 update, things were fine through the install and backup of the active database.  Then came the database update to 2012 format.  I got the following error message and have every time I try and update the db, "Exceptions occurred while executing the database Schema Update Script.  Contact your Administrator for assistance."

Anyone know what this issue is and how to fix it?

Not a good first start with 2012 - doesn't make a nice first impression.  Beta installed fine, not sure what's up here.

Copper Contributor

Re: Act Pro 2012 fails in database upgrade

I have had that with a couple of databases... I ran the update again and all was well - then check and repair - there don't appear to be any issues.

Copper Contributor

The issue seems to be that I can't open the database because this is the first time using 2012.  Since the db upgrade isn't completing the db is not accessible.

Copper Contributor

When you got that error message it should have pointed you to a log file. Can you please attach that to the post? That file will give us a very good idea of what went wrong, how to get you up and running and to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Keith Saccuci
ACT! R&D
Copper Contributor

I'd love to, but I can't find instructions on how to attach files.

Copper Contributor

When you reply to a post down at the bottom of the screen there is a button to choose the files you want to attach.

Keith Saccuci
ACT! R&D
Copper Contributor

Nope. Not there... unless I'm a little blind. By "bottom of the screen" I presume you don't mean below the site footer, and above that it shows that I'm replying to your post.  Above that is "view discussion in a popup" an Cancel/Post buttons... Then, this text box. Nothing else.

Maybe I don't have enough posts to be allowed that functionality?

Copper Contributor

Use the reply button. Not quick reply.

Keith Saccuci
ACT! R&D
Copper Contributor

I have... every time.  

Thanks for your patience, Keith.

Copper Contributor

Weird.  I'll PM you with my email.