Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro 2012 / Outlook 2010 / Windows 8 -- integration

Act Pro 2012 / Outlook 2010 / Windows 8 -- integration

[ Edited ]

I just purchased a new PC running Windows 8 and have successfully installed Office 2010.  

I am getting ready to install my copy of Sage Act Pro 2012.    Before I do, I want to make sure it will integrate w/ my Outlook.  

Specifically, when I send an email in Outlook to an email adress this is in Act, I want to make sure the history tab in Act is updated.   This has worked fine on my Windows 7 PC.  

Will it continue to work on Windows 8 with the versions of Outlook and Act that I currently have?

Thanks!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act Pro 2012 / Outlook 2010 / Windows 8 -- integration

Sage ACT! 2012 is compatible with Office 2010 (as you previously experienced with Windows 7).  Sage ACT! 2012 has not been 'certified' as compatible with Windows 8, but can be successfully installed on Windows 8 (see other Community posts). 

Note: Only Sage ACT! 2013 SP1 has been certified compatible with Windows 8.

So, although not a supported/certified configuration, Sage ACT! 2012 and Office 2010 should integrate successfully on the Windows 8 machine.

Note: Office 2010 must be a full installation of 32-bit version, not Click-to-Run or 64-bit version of Office.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Act Pro 2012 / Outlook 2010 / Windows 8 -- integration

Thank you!!    I installed it on my Windows 8 computer, and it seems to be successfully integrating with Outlook 2010.