Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro 2012 Changing a Reoccurring Activity

Act Pro 2012 Changing a Reoccurring Activity

In our last version of Act, when we changed the color of a reoccurring event (activity) globally, it did not change past events/activities that had been previously cleared.  In Act Pro 2012, all our old events/activities have now been change while just trying to change future activities.  Is there a toggle somewhere to turn this "Feature" off?  It's driving us crazy.  Thank you.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act Pro 2012 Changing a Reoccurring Activity

I am not fully sure that I understand exactly what you are doing...

However, attempting to understand, if I create a recurring activity, it appears on the  calendar for the number of times setup, all the same color.

If I then go back and edit one of the occurences to change the color of the priority and select Edit ALL occurences, it updates the whole chain.  If I select to apply the edit to just the current occurence, it only changes that one, not any of the past or future...

What steps exactly are you doing?

::If I then go back and edit one of the occurences to change the color of the priority and select Edit ALL occurences, it updates the whole chain.  If I select to apply the edit to just the current occurence, it only changes that one, not any of the past or future...

Edit ALL in the old version didn't change past activities (already cleared) only current and future occurrences, Act Pro 2012 version does.  We didn't want the past activities to change as a specific color represents a specific person in our office from time to time a person is gone and someone does that activity on the calendar. When it changes all of them (past included) it messes up our tracking system.

is there a way to stop it from changing past activities (cleared ones)?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Not that I know of.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129