Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Pro 2011 restore files

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! Pro 2011 restore files

If the zip file was a backup from the ACT! program you don't need the separate DBF file. Just extract the ZIP file and try converting the database from the extract folder.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer

Yeah, it worked! Thanks! I have act 2011 up and running. I need to redo it and re-map some fields from Act!2000, I'll try that later in the week.

I am trying to find out what happened to my customized layout from my earlier version of Act?

I am also missing data on user fields 11-14, and a few customized fields that I created in the earlier version.

I had this problem when I first installed Act! Pro 2011,and converted the data to this version. Sage support re-did the conversion and found the layout and missing data.

How can I find it, or what do I need to do to redo the conversion?

Thanks!

Are the fields with the missing data grayed and inaccessible?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

user fields 11-14 are no longer on the user tab. The user tab only shows fields 1-10. I don't know where to find the cuistomized field that I created, or how to find the customized layout

If you go to Tools > Define Fields, are those fields listed? If so, you can add them back to the layout.

Also, after the database conversion, you will need to go Tools > Convert ACT! 3.0 - 6.0 Items, and convert your Layouts, Templates, etc.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.