Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro 2011 history format

Act Pro 2011 history format

i had to re-install act 2011 recently, prior to this my email histories would be recorded as an attachement.  now in the history tab, when i send an email it shows the entire email that i sent.  how do i change this back so that it shows the email as an attachment and not the entire conversation?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act Pro 2011 history format

Tools | Preferences | Email
Email System Setup

All options to set default behaviour are there

those options allow me to set up the email to show subject, message and attachments...where do i set it up so that it doesn't show the entire body of the message, so that it's a clickable link to show the email

Interesting ... hadn't realised it's gone. I've always embedded to History.

From the Knowledge base, it seems to have been removed with ACT! 2010 ... i'd suspect because large numbers of attachments cause performance issues but the database can handle them

Not sure why you could before unless the option is left when upgrading (if you did that)

i did not upgrade, in most of my earlier email histories it still shows under the "regarding and details" column of history the date, time and subject of the email. when i double click the specific one it opens a new window, in the attachment window is a clickable link to show the entire contents of the email. this is what i want to get back to. right now any email history recorded shows the entire body of the email in the regarding & details column

Hello mjmtents,
To clarify, the option to "Show email, subject and all attachments" will show only the email date/time, subject, then a link to view the entire message in Outlook. The body of the message will not show in ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

well this is strange, i went into the preferences and changed the email to just subject, sent a test email then went back and put it back to all 3 and now it is showing it as an attachment without showing the body of the email....thanks for the help!!

Greig, admittedly I hadn't played with it for a while ... but the way it's written is a bit confusing.

Earlier versions had it as: Entire e-mail as attachment (includes images and other attachments)

The way it's written, I thought it was same a subj + message, but with attached files added

Even the KBs I went though don't make it clear ... the Help say you can attach a copy of message, but doesn't specify the option.

Just something you might pass on