Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro 2011 and the "Object" Error with Outlook

Copper Contributor

Act Pro 2011 and the "Object" Error with Outlook

My system was working perfectly on Friday.  Started up system this morning and Act would not connect to the database.  It said that it could not connect to the network (This is a stand alone system).  We had something similar when first upgrading to version 2011.  Completely srubbed the system of Act, .Net, and MS-SQL.  (As described online to include renaming the Act7 module in SQL).  Now Act will mount the databse, and everything is working except I get the "Object is not set as an Object" whenever I try to send an email through Outlook.  I have done a complete scrub and reinstall.  Ran repair on Office, .net and MS-SQL.  Running out of options here.  Act Knowledgebase says this issue was fixed with Act 2008. 

Anyone have any ideas!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act Pro 2011 and the "Object" Error with Outlook

What version of Office do you have installed?

Are you getting any other messages along with the 'object reference' error?  If yes, what is the error?

Check your Event Viewer for any additional messages.

Does it create an email successfully or fail to open a new email screen?

This is most likely not database specific, but to verify - open the Act! Demo database and attempt to create an email.  Same error or not?

Try rebuilding your Act! Preference files: KB Article 14770.  Use the Alternate Method - Manually Rebuilding Preferences option.

You can also create a new profile for Outlook (Control Panel \ Mail \ Show Profiles) > open Outlook with the new profile > open Act! > attempt to create a new email - is the error presented?

If these conditions all produce the same error, the next step would be to uninstall Act! (leave SQL untouched) and Office.  Reboot the computer and then reinstall Office followed by Act!

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi, I have just upgraded to Act 2011.  Can anyone tell me how I change the currency symbol to £ instead of $  I don't want to have to re load & transfer all the data again !!  Thanks Tilly

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Tilly,

Was this working in your previous version of ACT!?

With ACT! 2011 when you create a new database it asks which symbol you would like to use, so is this a new database you created or one that you converted?

Also take a look in the control panel of windows, select Region and Language, do you have the machine set up for English (United Kingdom) or does it say English (United States)

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005
Copper Contributor

According to one of the level 2 techs, this error message was reproduced on their machines installations as well.  I was told that  there is no fix but hopefully it will be addressed in the next patch.

Copper Contributor

drlake,

Have you resolved this issue, are you still getting the object error?