Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro 2011 Loads Task List SLOWLY or NOT AT ALL randomly

Act Pro 2011 Loads Task List SLOWLY or NOT AT ALL randomly

A user is having issues relating to loading task lists in Sage Act Pro 2011. The user clicks Task List and sometimes their tasks load up and sometimes they do not. When I click the blank window where the lists should be, an area where I click turns blue (highlighted) and then popups error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

If I close Sage Act and restart, it will load Task List content fine. If I go through Act looking at calendar, adding in new contacts, etc... and go back to Task List, it loads blank... If I use portions of Act for a few minutes and go back to Task List it displays all of the tasks... Sometimes it doesn't... If I close Act and open it back up it will display all of the task list items immediately, sometimes not at all... It's very random but occurs OFTEN.

No other user has task lists except this one user because of her position in the company.

I can duplicate the issue on other computers in the environment.

The network is on Server 2012 R2, firewall is off. Router is a Sonicwall TZ 205. All equipment is gigabit ethernet and running at gigabit speeds... The .ADF file is 1.81Gb in size.

Ideas? thoughts? Patches? fixes?

Thanks!!

Administrator

Re: Act Pro 2011 Loads Task List SLOWLY or NOT AT ALL randomly

[ Edited ]

Hi BAD311,

What's the full build version of Act! Pro 2011 that the user has?
Does refreshing the view when the task list comes up blank do anything?
Windows Version?

Hello Gary,

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2
Windows 7 Pro SP2 64-Bit

I'm not sure how to refresh the view... I/we simply go to other tabs and perform other functions and go back to Task List a few minutes later... sometimes it appears, sometimes not.
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Looks like your issue could be resolved by updating to service pack 1 for Act! 2011. See the following Knowledgebase Article for more info.
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26964

Refreshing he view in Act! can be donr by going to View > Refresh, or by pressing F5.

Gary, do I need to download and install on all computers (about 10) or just the specific computer where the employee is using this feature of Act? As a test/tryout can I just install on the 1 employee PC for today? Thanks!!
Administrator

There is a database schema update in the service pack, so it's essential that everyone has the same updated version. It's always recommended to use the latest version available to you. Before upgrading, remember to backup your database(s).

In all seriousness, how likely will this updating fix the issue?

I need to inform my client before we proceed...
Administrator

It's been a number of years since this was tested as Act 2011 is now unsupported, but, as per the article, the solution worked at the time.
You could try the update on the PC experiencing the issue, after taking a backup and testing on a local database, then if there are any problems, you could always roll back.