Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Pro 2011 - Index outside bounds of array error

Act! Pro 2011 - Index outside bounds of array error

Whenever I select multiple alarms to snooze those, the error message in my subject line pops up. How do I fix this? I have downloaded the SP 1 and Hot fix 6. (Searching the knowledge base has been fruitless.) Thank you for your help. - Gary

Re: Act! Pro 2011 - Index outside bounds of array error

glmcaleer,

The index outside of bounds of array error basically means that Act! tried to pull information it thought should be there, when it actually doesn't exist.  Usually this is indicative of issues with the database.  In this case the alarms window is popping and the database says there are x number of alarms to go off.  The window displays all of the alarms, but doesn't show one of them that is probably corrupted.  When you hit dismiss to all of them, this ghosted alarm throws the error.

I would start off by running a simple check & repair on your database by going to Tools>Database Maintenance>Check and Repair.

Tell me if you still have the problem after that.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com

Thanks for your tip, Billy.I routinely run that check and repair tool every week and that didn't fix the problem. To be sure, I have never had this error with ACT! 2010 or earlier versions. It just started happening when I updated to ACT! 2011 Pro. When I search the knowledge base there is a fix for this error in the ACT! 2012 package. But, it states that I should not run that update on any other version of ACT. Can we extract whatever is in that package for this error and apply it to my ACT! 2011 Pro?

Thanks for any help you can give me. This error is getting very annoying. It also freezes up the reminders window with multiple alarms showing. Thanks again. - Gary 

Gary,

I'm also seeing some mixed reports that clearing the Act! Preferences may resolve this.  Have you tried this yet?  http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770/kw/14770

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com

I did try that 14770 fix also, Billie, and i still get that same error message - outside bounds of array - half the time I try to snooze alarms. This is really frustrating, as I didn't have that issue in all my previous versions of ACT. Has that problem been successfully resolved in ACT 2012? If so, will you provide me a disk or download of that program as a way of overcoming this error message? Thank you. - Gary McAleer

Billie - Did you get my email of November 12? Will you provide me a disc or download for ACT 2012? Thanks. - Gary