Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro 2011 (HotFix 6) increasingly sluggish to very slow

Act Pro 2011 (HotFix 6) increasingly sluggish to very slow

Hi,

Act pro 2011 (Hotfix 6)

Win 8.1 (64 bit), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD

2 clients running Act & sync'd (main/remote) on identical laptops.

Both are using Handheld Contact to sync to mobile devices

Over the past several weeks we have seen increasing sluggishness in Act on 2 identical clients. The clients are sync'd together with one as a remote db.  We gets lags of 30 seconds to minutes (blue circle & top line of window shows "Not Responding") when we schedule something, look up tasks, add notes, etc.

- Backing up and restoring to a new DB (and recreating the remote DB) fixes the problem for a few days but the problem recurs.

- Task mgr shows the SQL server running at 2-6% during these lags with the occassional peak to 9%.

- There are a large number of cleared activities but the "remove old activities" tool says there are no activities to delete.

Any help would be appreciated.

Frank

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act Pro 2011 (HotFix 6) increasingly sluggish to very slow

ACT2011 was not built to work on Windows 8.1, thats why we strongly recomend to upgrade to act17

with act17 you can install SQL2012/2014, instead of the SQL2005 that act2011 is still using.

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

Re: Act Pro 2011 (HotFix 6) increasingly sluggish to very slow

Thanks Ingo, I appreciate the comment but I was hoping that since its been working great for some time in 8 that it was something fixable.  (As a longtime Act user, I am also nervous about upgrading to a new version right after realease.)