Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Pro 19.2.146.0, Update 3 Act.Outlook.service.exe Crashing

Act! Pro 19.2.146.0, Update 3 Act.Outlook.service.exe Crashing

I have recently updated to the update of ACT 'Act! Pro Version 19.2.146.0, Update 3' to resolve the recent outlook integration issues and I am still getting the act.outllook.service.exe crashing on a regular basis. 

I can restart the service from C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows and it runs again and then crashes again when working with e-mails, sometimes immediately sometimes after a period of time and work completed.

MS Office 365 Desktop Outlook version 1707 Build  8326.2058

Windows event viewer Errors.... 

Application Error

"Faulting application name: Act.Outlook.Service.exe, version: 19.2.146.0, time stamp: 0x59768347
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23807, time stamp: 0x5915f8e8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0004eb83
Faulting process id: 0x2c5c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d30c5a33ea14b0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Outlook.Service.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 5db9f93c-784f-11e7-9914-60e32705e474"

.NET Run time Error

"Application: Act.Outlook.Service.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 77CEEB83"

Any thoughts? 

Administrator

Re: Act! Pro 19.2.146.0, Update 3 Act.Outlook.service.exe Crashing

Hi Solentsci,

This sounds like there may be something in the history queue of messages that is causing the integration to crash when it attempts to record it.

To find what the problematic email, please try ending the Act.Outlook.Service in task manager, then locate the History Queue Folder by opening a Run command by pressing your Windows Key+R, then entering %AppData%\ACT\ACT Data
The folder that opens should contain some other folders along with the folder named HistoryQueue. Rename this folder to HistoryQueueOld.

You can now restart the service from C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows and try recording an email to Act!'s history.

If this is then successful, you could try drip feeding the contents of the HistoryQueueOld folder back into the newly created HistoryQueue folder. Each email in the folder will have 2 parts: the .msg file and an accompanying .xml file. both are needed to attempt attachment.

If you notice any particular message causing the integration to crash during this, please let us know.

Hi, thanks for the reply, I do not believe this to be the case, when i restart the service it completes the E-mail attaching process ok not leaving anything in the queue. it then crashes again later when trying to attach a new message. 

I have this occurring on two different PC's in a network setup, database is located on the server and PC's are Win 7 Pro. 

Error message attached....Event Viewer messages....

Application Error 

Faulting application name: Act.Outlook.Service.exe, version: 19.2.146.0, time stamp: 0x59768347
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23807, time stamp: 0x5915f8e8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0004eb83
Faulting process id: 0x1734
Faulting application start time: 0x01d30f4df7f1f2dd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Outlook.Service.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 037fda79-7b56-11e7-8159-60e32705e474

.NET Runtime 

Application: Act.Outlook.Service.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 77CFEB83

Desktop History Queue Provider....multiple errors and information events 

This issue has popped up quite a lot recently after Office build 8201. even if the service is showing that it has completed the attaching process there could still potentially be a file or two in the history queue causing a bottleneck which then causes the Act.Outlook.Service to crash.

I would highly recommend attempting the steps that Gary has advised.

I have recreated the historyqueue folders as mentioned for all pc's and related users as mentioned. No items were in the original folders so there is nothing to move across. I'll see how things go and update accordingly, thanks. 

Having been through your suggestion all was fine until this morning. Whilst attaching incoming e-mails through a Remote Desktop connection the service crashed and closed. Manually restarting the service allowed the queue to clear. 

Out of curiosity how many inbound emails did you record at a single time?

E-mails are normally handled on an individual basis but at points i will go through and attached a few (3 or 4) one after the other and on the odd occasion a couple at the same time.  

Copper Contributor

we have the same issue with more and more customers we will log them with act! version vs outlook version. we reinstalled act! repaired outlook, run all the recent updates, cleared the history queue, only solution that stickes is to go to an earlier version of outlook, where the updates were not added. It look very clear/obvious that is the office updates that are causing the problems.

Greetings,

ACT Certified Consultants
TendenZ
the Netherlands

[ Edited ]

@Solentsci Thank you for advising as normally when coping items from the old history queue to new keeping it under 20 emails in most cases will avoid the Act.Outlook.Service crashing. however this is not always the case and i believe can depend on the content / Size of the email being recorded.

When you record email is Subject, Message, and all attachments included?

@TendenZ Since Office 2016 there have been a few builds that have been causing issues., while downgrading is a good option to ensure compatibility (depending on the build downgraded to) we do have to be careful to ensure customers are not left on the older builds of Outlook/Office as going forward there should be full compatibility with the latest builds. I would recommend advising customers about the different update channels available with Office. Please see the Microsoft overview here: https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Overview-of-update-channels-for-Office-365-ProPlus-9ccf0f13... and our article: 38802 Recommended Microsoft Office update channel settings when using Act! with Office 2016 or Offic...