Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Pro 18 email history not attaching - outlook

Act Pro 18 email history not attaching - outlook

when sending emails it's not attaching to contact all the time

When on a contact, click on write email template and it sends through outlook it occasionally attaches to the contact but not all the time.  I have to manually create history.

Suggestions?

Administrator

Re: Act Pro 18 email history not attaching - outlook

Hi JD,

There are a number of reasons this could be happening. The following Knowledgebase article has several solutions for this: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19948

What version of Outlook are you using?
Does the Quick Attach work for any emails that haven't recorded automatically? If you do this from the sent folder, the history records will likely be on your own user record in Act, depending on the options selected in step 6 of the Email System Setup wizard.
Copper Contributor

I have a similar problem!

I recently upgraded from ACT Pro 2011 to ACT Pro v 18. I am running Windows 7 Pro. I am also using Outlook 2010 as my email client.

I noticed that when I go to the Add-Ins tab in Outlook 2010 and click on the Attach E-Mail to Contact button, the database that ACT v 18 is attaching (or trying to) is not the database I am working from. It is connected to a database I used a long time ago.

How do I change this behavior?

Administrator

Hi Harold,

This can be changed by opening the database you wish to work from, then re-running the E-mail System Setup wizard.
More detailed instruction can be found in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26832

Act! Pro Version 18.2.53.0, having installed Update 4 I am having the same issue.  I can't attach historical emails from out of Outlook 365 ver 16 in any form

Administrator

Hi rmjm125,

Please can you work though the suggestions in my first post? Let us know how you get on.
Bronze Elite Contributor

When re-running the wizard make sure that in window 3 of the wizard you select remove database and then add back in,

Na.  that didn't work.

Administrator

To get some hands-on assistance with this issue (outlook integration troubleshooting can be tricky over the forums), I would suggest giving technical support a call. They can be reached in the UK on 0845 268 0220.

thanks.  im hoping for some tomorrow.  its like trying to operate a filing cabinet that's locked!