Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Pro 18 Slow or hangs when opening database

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Act! Pro 18 Slow or hangs when opening database

Can anyone offer some suggestions please?

We have four users running Act! Pro v18.2.53.0 Update 7 on four PCs with the database on a Server. All are Windows 10 PCs.

Two users can open the database without issue, two can't, with Act! becoming unresponsive at the login window,

The issue started after upgrading to Office 2019. I can open the local demo database, but even this takes several minutes. Opening the remote database causes Act! to stop responding.

I have uninstalled Act and SQL Server 2014, run the ACT_Uninstaller.exe and reinstalled with no success.

I've tried deleting the preference files, running Act! Licence Fix.bat and repairing the database, without success.

The fact that Actdiag lists the local database suggests Act is installed correctly, even it it's now really slow to open. The issue can't be the Act database on the Server as the other machines can open this, and if it was the network or firewall the two machines would not be able to access other files on the Server, and would open the local Act much quicker.

I'm not sure what to try next - I can't reinstall the OS as I'm working remotely from another country!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author jb@plan.co.uk
‎10-22-2020 08:17 PM

Re: Act! Pro 18 Slow or hangs when opening database

OK I have a solution, in case others have this issue.

I spoke with Neil at Act! technical support who had come across this issue before. We resolved the issue by creating a new User Account in Windows 10.

Act! claims that this is a Microsoft issue, despite the fact that it only affects their app, but I'm grateful for their assistance with resolving the issue given that that they no longer support Version 18.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Not sure that this could be the reason, but a hint: ACT!18.2 is officially not compatible with Office 2019.
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Highlighted

I don't think so - I'm running Office 2019 on three other Windows 10 machines, and they all work perfectly with Act! 18.2.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try?

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author jb@plan.co.uk
‎10-22-2020 08:17 PM

OK I have a solution, in case others have this issue.

I spoke with Neil at Act! technical support who had come across this issue before. We resolved the issue by creating a new User Account in Windows 10.

Act! claims that this is a Microsoft issue, despite the fact that it only affects their app, but I'm grateful for their assistance with resolving the issue given that that they no longer support Version 18.