Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Premium v18 register problem

Act Premium v18 register problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with registering an ACT on new re-installed PC. 

We have been using ACT for many year and bought number of licenses. Som of them still works on the old PC's but when it comes to the new one it's stops when we are trying to register it. 

I have heard about the "breaking news" regarding ACT announced that as of January 1, 2019, the third-party licensing service embedded in Act! will be discontinued.

but as far as I know it apply for the versions below V18 am I right? So if we are using Act Presmium v18 (update 7) can we still keep using ACT (installing and registering) ? 

I would appreciate if someone could help me sort it out.

Thank you

Krystian

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act Premium v18 register problem

Hi Krystian,

you can indeed continue to use v18.2.

After installing ACT! 18.2 from your installation media on a new PC, you need to run the update 7 afterwards. The update is cumulative and includes the update from the old to the new licensing system. Run the update, open the task manager and wait until it disappears from the task list before attempting to open ACT!.

You can get it from here:

https://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act-pro-v18

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de

Hi Melville,

Thank you for your help.

The update 7 did not worked out (system did not allow to install it) because there is a different version of ACT already installed - we have Act! Premium Version 18.0.501.0, Update 7.

Can we somehow do an update to mentioned 18.2? Or somehow we can download Version 18.2 and then run the update 7? 

There are some listed updates like SP1 Update then 18.1 Update 3 but not sure how and which download/install. Can't find ACT v18.2 installation file.

Regards

Krystian

Nickel Super Contributor

The update 7 only works with 18.2 Version. Ask your local "ACT!-Dealer" or refer to Swiftpage in Newcastle for a download link. They should be able to help.
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Krystian,

you can get Act! Premium v18 SP2 update  from https://www.act.com/en-uk/resources/downloads or the full install files from here https://www.act.com/download/download-act!-premium-v18 

HI Chris,

Thank you both!

I have downloaded ACT v18.2 version from the link that you have provided, also followed instructions step by step. Than run the update 7 run the ACT. 

Checked the version, it's: Act! Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 7 (so everything should be ok)

Nevertheless still can't activate ACT. Here what is is, maybe it will be helpfull? we have been using an ACT from v16 version then we have bought an update called " ACT! Premium v18 Upgrade License (international English) Qty etc.... with Serial Number(s): XXXX-XXX ..... etc. 

And

Additional 3 new ACT! Premium v18 Licence Code (Internation English) etc.... with serial number XXXX -XXXX etc.... 

Tried both serial number but systems still shows the same error "The license key XXXX-XXXX ..... is invalid" 

What I have also noticed (not sure whether it make sense or not) but my serial numbers have 28s signs (including dash)

FYI: on old computers ACT is istalled with current key's with v18 version and everything works.

Any idea?

Regards

Krystian

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

You will need to contact Swiftpage if the new licence key isn't applied automatically after upgrading to 18.2  updat 7 as when you have bought licences at diferent time I.E 3 then 5 the new licence doesn't always have the correct amount of user licences..

New Style licence

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Old style - this is probably your current licence

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX