Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Outlook toolbar disappeared after computer joined to the domain.

Act! Outlook toolbar disappeared after computer joined to the domain.

One of my users had act setup and syncing to outlook while logged into a local account.

When I joined his computer to the domain and had him log into his domain account, Act! doesnt give him any errors but the act outlook bar no longer appears and e-mails sent do not leave a history.

How do I resync it up so that Act! see's that he is sending e-mails?

Software:

Sage Act! 2011 Standred.

Outlook 2007

He has two e-mail accounts, one exchange and one pop3. His e-mail was syncing fine to his pop3, so we tried removing his exchange acocunt and it made no differance.

Silver Contributor

Re: Act! Outlook toolbar disappeared after computer joined to the domain.

The ACT preferences are specific to each user profile on a  computer. Adding that user to a domain would have made a new profile.  with Outlook closed, go to ACT and go through the process of reconfiguring the outlook integration again. Then reopen outlook.  The buttons should reappear at this point.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Thanks for your quick response.

I have gone through the E-mail setup a few times now on the new account, and it seems to have no effect. I have checked to make sure the act outlook service is running and it is. I even went in and killed the outlook process before I did anything and I have restarted his computer many times. None of these things helped.

Copper Contributor

Once in awhile it can be helpful to check the "com-addins" and "trust center" in Outlook to determine if an addin has been disabled. 

In Outlook, Go to the tools menu, and click "Trust Center".  Once inwhile you can find that the link between ACT! and Outlook has been disabled.

James Burlew
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer & Hosting Provider
www.designr1.com
(877) 755-9029

Follow us on:

Want to know more about Hosting ACT! in the Cloud? Click Here!