12-30-2008 07:40 AM
OK, I just got a new computer, and all the headaches associated with it. I'm on Vista for the first time, and had previously used Outlook 2003 with my AT&T Tilt (a windows mobile phone.) I synced the two using ActiveSync, but ActiveSync doesn't work with Vista, so I'm using Windows Mobile Device Center. Now I've upgraded to Outlook 2007, and I've bought ACT!, which I will use as a standalone program. Here are my issues:
1. I imported all my contact info from Outlook to Act!, but none of my notes made it into Act!. I did check the box telling Act! to import the notes.
2. When I tried to install the synchonization software that came with Act!, it warned me I had to uninstall the WMDC. I don't want to do this if I have to go out and buy another piece of software. What is the best way to make this work? I don't need the whole Act! experience on my handheld: just my contact database and the notes and calendar and to-do list.
3. Does Act! synchronize automatically with Outlook? If I add a contact in Outlook, will it be added in Act! and vice-versa? If that's the case, then maybe I can just synchronize with Outlook.
3. I tried linking some emails to a contact, but although it looked like I could drag and drop, nothing happened. I know I have to RTFM, and I will get an Act! book today, but I'd like to get up and running ASAP during the slow time between Christmas and New Years.
Thanks for the help! I'm looking forward to doing some neat stuff with Act!
01-02-2009 12:40 PM
3. If you're on ACT! 2009, you can setup the ACT! Scheduler to automatically sync your calendar. Since you need to sync contacts, you will need a third-party addon.. I recommend DoubleLook from CompanionLink. The addon will also resolve issue 1.
4. Click on the Attach to ACT! Contact icon to manually record history for your contacts.
12-09-2009 05:43 PM
I am new at this so I am replying to moderator. Can you provide me feedback on what smart phone to go with. I just upgraded to Act 2010 v 12 and I am process of getting new phone. I currently have Treo 700 and windows mobile 4.3. With 2009, I continuely had issues with duplication of data from phone back to act. It would either duplicate phone to act or act to phone with both contacts and calendar.
Any thoughts on what to go with now that I have upgraded to Act 2010 and going to upgrade smart phone
12-10-2009 02:45 PM
ive been using ACT along with Doublelook for several years now with no problems. I have doublelook synch ACT to Outlook and then just use activesync (and now windows mobile device center) to synch between my smartphone and outlook. I cant answer to which phone is best; i'm currently using an htc touch pro II and have had several versions prior to this one.
Doublelook is really the key here, it keeps ACT and Outlook sync'd in real time. Just set it once and forget it.
They have a trial period with it, check out companionlink.com